Deputy Bar Manager
Location: Shepherd’s Bush
Contract: Full time
Contract type: Rolling contract
Key Dates: Deadline for Applications: Friday 22nd February 2019, Interviews Commence w/c 25th of February 2019.
Wage: £24-28,000 pro rata
The Game is Now is a live gaming adventure and collaboration between Hartswood Productions and Time Run. Combining the best of Escape rooms and immersive experiences, the Official Sherlock experience opened in late 2018. We have a Sherlock themed bar that players enjoy at the end of their game and we will soon be opening a new immersive bar experience. We are looking for a Deputy Bar Manager with comprehensive immersive theatre experience and very good knowledge of cocktails, drinks list, menus, and wine list who can oversee a bar and a team of immersive actors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the bar's day to day operation including making and delivering drinks to a high standard and ensuring cleanliness of the bar
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff, including immersive theatre actors
- Overseeing the bar's immersive experience to deliver a consistent high-end customer experience
- Managing ‘afternoon tea’ packages, ensuring that the correct deliveries are received daily
- Managing the cocktail experience, ensuring consistently great cocktails across the team
- Managing sales of merchandise
- Keeping up to date with licensing legislation and objectives
- Enforcing health and safety rules
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Working alongside the rest of the venue team to deliver a high-end customer experience
Essential: Must have a valid English personal alcohol license
- First Aid at work – valid certificate
- SIA badge
- Experience working in immersive environments
You have to be eligible to work in the UK. To apply, send your CV and a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is the 22nd of February 2019.