Offers Terms and Conditions:
Family Ticket offer for £125
- This offer is only valid on Family Tickets for 4, 5 or 6 people
- Tickets need to be booked by Sun 30 April for offer to be redeemed
- Family Ticket groups MUST have at least 2 adults, as well as 2 children under the age of 18 in attendance, otherwise, groups will be asked to pay the full price for adult tickets upon entry
- Offer only valid for Sherlock: The Official Live Game, Private Experience
Competition Terms and Conditions – scroll to bottom of page
This page shows the terms and conditions specific to the events you are booking.
1. WEBSITE USE AND SECURITY
1.1 The website thegameisnow.com hereinafter “the website” is owned and operated by The Game is Now Ltd., hereinafter the company. The company holds the right to amend or vary the terms and conditions below including any of the contents of this website from time to time at its sole discretion without prior notice.
1.2 The terms and conditions apply to the use of the website by any visitor and should be read carefully before any use.
1.3. The company does its best to supply you with the most up to date and accurate information on the website.
1.4. The website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from this website without the written consent of the company.
1.5. You are not permitted to link to, or use all, or any part of the website for any purpose which is fraudulent, unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
1.6. You accept that the Internet is not fully secure. The company will take all appropriate steps to protect your information.
1.7. The company shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages, including (without limitation) lost profits or revenues, loss of opportunity, costs of replacement goods or services, loss or damage to data or business interruption, arising out of any use of the website.
2.1. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
2.2. Sherlock: The Official Live Game is designed for a team of 4-6 people per room.
2.3 The trademarks and logos displayed on the website are the property of the company. You are not permitted to use these without a written consent of the company and you accept that any such use may constitute an infringement of the relevant proprietor’s rights.
2.4. These terms and conditions and any contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2.5. The website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. The operation of those websites is out of the company’s control and you may use them at your own risk. The company accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any use of those websites.
2.6. The company collects and stores your personal details without disclosing it to any 3rd party and is dedicated to ensure that the privacy of your personal information is protected in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
2.7. Due to the nature of the game no recordings can be taken inside the room. That includes (without limitation) the use of mobile phones, recording devices (video and/or audio) and cameras. The use of such a device in the room is not permitted at any time.
2.8. The company expects visitors not to disclose any details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
2.9. The company may contact you from time to time with offers and promotions via email or phone.
2.10. The company is entitled to charge the guests for any damage which is intentional and/or caused by misuse of items.
2.11. While you are on our premises, you must ensure to conform to our codes and regulations, adopt proper standards of behaviour, and cooperate with our employees.
2.12. The company doesn’t tolerate any kind of bullying or harassment towards its employees.
3.1. Prices are subject to change without notice.
3.2. A binding contract between the purchaser and the company comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English Law.
3.3. The only language available for the conclusion of a contract online is English.
3.4. Only person(s) who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book a Game.
3.5 This is a live event game, and once the booking is confirmed, we cannot accept any cancellations, reschedules or give any refunds.
3.6. Any purchase on the website is only valid when processed by the company. You shall receive a confirmation once your booking is processed.
3.7. If you wish to transfer your booking(s) into someone else’s name, you must contact the company by email at least two days prior to the start of your booking. Your request may not be honoured and can be denied.
3.8. Bookings may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a booking is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the booking or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission.
3.9. You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form.
3.10. If you are more than 5 minutes late for the original starting time of your booking, you may be refused entry. In such a situation the money is not refundable and the booking is not changeable.
3.11. Guests must be 18+ to book tickets
4. PRICE AND PAYMENT
4.1. The price of a game is stated on the website under the booking section.
4.2. The price is set according to number of people within the same booking and to the timing of the week.
4.3. Bookings can be made online only.
4.4. When paying you can use a credit or debit card.
4.5. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
4.6. In the case of less people attending the event than it is booked for, the price difference will not be refunded.
4.7. If more people attending the game than it is booked for, the price difference can be settled upon arrival to the event up to the maximum allowance of people per game and at the advertised price for additional individual tickets.
5.1. If you need to contact the company you can do so using any of the following methods: Email: [email protected]
6.1. Each attendee will be instructed before their event by one of the employees of the company. After learning the rules of the event, each attendee will participate in the event at their own risk. The company is not liable for any (personal or equipment) damages caused by not following the rules described before the event and signaged in the escape room.
6.2. People under influence of alcohol or drugs might be turned away and their game stated as no-show.
6.3. Drinks and food may not be brought into the event.
6.4. To be admitted you must confirm the full name of the booker and might be asked to confirm phone number and email address the booking confirmation was sent to.
6.5. Children at the age of between 10 and 14 have to be accompanied by at least 1 adult per event, young people between 15 and 17 must have a waiver signed by a responsible adult before playing, children under the age of 10 are not permitted to attend.
7.1. Photos of each team will be taken during and at the end of the game.
7.2. Photos of each teams will be stored on our server linked to the booking.
7.3. Photos will be watermarked and uploaded to a Facebook gallery and the URL will be sent to the person who booked with us.
7.4. To remove your photos from the Facebook gallery you have to notify us by sending the URL to [email protected].
7.5. Photos may be uploaded to social media sites without names.
7.6 You may be photographed while participating in the Experience and thereby grant the Organiser the right, permission and authority to use your name, image, voice and/or likeness, without compensation, captured during the Experience. Such photographs may be used for marketing purposes.
8.1. Event cancellation. In the unlikely event of our having to cancel an Event entirely for any legal restrictions or legal reasons then the Event Provider will provide notification of the cancellation to the contact information provided by the ticket purchaser. On cancellation, the Event Provider will offer ticket holders the opportunity either; (i) to exchange their tickets for subsequent performances or (ii) to a refund equal to the face value of the tickets.
This option must be exercised within 2 weeks of notification by the Event Provider of the cancellation. Booking fees or other charges levied by the ticket agent are not refundable. This is the Event Provider’s sole liability to ticket holders in the event of cancellation.
8.2. Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, the company regrets that it cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of its contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”.
8.3. In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. COMPANY’S LIABILITY
9.1. The company promises to make sure that the ticket arrangements it has agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of its contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, the company will accept responsibility if, for example, you are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of the company, its employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements.
9.2. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against the company. In addition, the company will only be responsible for what its employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work on behalf of the company.
9.3. The company will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
• the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
• the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of visit and which
were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
• ‘force majeure’ as defined in these booking conditions.
9.4. Please note, the company cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our leaflet or website and the company has not agreed to arrange them.
9.5. The promises the company makes to you about the services it has agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
9.6. Please note, the company cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, the company could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if the company breached its contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by the company or its employees or, where the company is responsible for them, its suppliers. Additionally the company cannot accept liability for any business losses.
9.7. You must provide the company and its insurers with all assistance it may reasonably require.
10. PUBLIC BOOKINGS
10.1. Sherlock: The Official Live Game facilitates Public Booking for a limited amount of slots. If you book less than four players in a public slot you may be joined by other players you have not met before.
Players looking to meet other people to form a team with should join our Facebook group Sherlock: The Game Is Now – Find a Team.
10.2. The minimum number of players for a game to go ahead is two people. If you have not managed to meet the mandatory minimum number of players one week before you are due to play then the slot may be rescheduled or cancelled and you will refunded.
10.3. In no event shall Sherlock: The Official Live Game be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service.
11. THE MIND PALACE – BAR ACCESS
11.1. Sherlock: The Official Live Game ends in our adjoining bar The Mind Palace. Guests 18 and over are welcome to use the bar, as long as it is not closed for a private event.
11.2 Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult and will not be allowed in The Mind Palace after 8pm.
We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
1. It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms and Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
Information Gathering and Usage
1. When you register for THE GAME IS NOW LTD we ask for information such as your name and email address.
2. THE GAME IS NOW LTD uses collected information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research.
1. Cookies are small files containing a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s servers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
2. Your web browser must accept cookies in order to use the THE GAME IS NOW LTD service.
THE GAME IS NOW LTD uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate the service. Although THE GAME IS NOW LTD owns the code, databases, and all rights to the service, you retain all rights to your data.
1. THE GAME IS NOW LTD may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms and Conditions.
2. THE GAME IS NOW LTD may disclose aggregate data including (but not limited to) number of tickets sold, number of active accounts, average ticket price, and disclose such information in a non- personally identifiable manner. In these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to identify you personally.
THE GAME IS NOW LTD may periodically update this policy. We will notify users about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on the THE GAME IS NOW LTD site.
Competition Terms and Conditions
The Game Is Now Ltd (Love To Visit competition) Terms & Conditions:
- This competition is promoted by The Game Is Now Limited
(“The Game Is Now”), Kings Court, 2-16 Goodge Street, London, W1T 2QA.
- This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of The Game Is Now
(or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter this competition.
- How to enter: Complete form on landing page to enter.
- The opening date for entries is 20/03/2023. The closing date for entries is
30/04/2023. No entries received after this date will be accepted.
- No purchase necessary.
- Only one entry allowed per household.
- The prize is six tickets to Sherlock: The Official Live Game and one £50 voucher to spend on LoveToVisit.com. One winner will be selected.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- No cash or prize alternatives are available
- The Game Is Now reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner of the competition will be drawn at random from all correct entries by an electronic system and notified by via email no later than the 02/05/2023. Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner
- All entrants are expected to act fairly and in the good spirit of the competition. The Game Is Now reserves the right to investigate any irregularities and disqualify entrants at its absolute discretion.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner between 02/05/2023 – 02/06/2023. The Game Is Now reserves the right to select another winner if the original winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition
- The Game Is Now’s decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner b) in any related publicity by The Game Is Now, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will The Game Is Now or Love To Visit be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
- The Game Is Now or Love To Visit will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and The Game Is Now can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.