Since today is pancake day, Mrs Hudson was kind enough to whip up a batch of her special pancakes for us. Here’s the recipe for you to also try out at home.
This recipe is straight forward – no puzzles to solve here, the only things that need cracking are the eggs!
What you will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 250ml milk (any will do, although Mrs Hudson prefers semi-skimmed)
- 288g self-raising flour (plain flour is also fine, but add in 1tbsp baking powder)
- 2-4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and once combined, add in the flour until the batter is smooth.
- Heat some oil over a low to medium heat in a frying pan and pour in some of the batter. When bubbles appear on the surface and the base of the pancakes turn golden brown, flip the pancake over and cook until golden.
- Serve hot and smothered in your favourite toppings!
Happy Pancake Day!